Friday, May 7, 2010

Interim 2010

For my May term course, I will be teaching a three week intensive course about digital storytelling. We will be sharing our assignments here: We Media: Digital Stories of Race, Class & Gender

Here are some of the particular frameworks of and aims for this medium:

Digital Storytelling is the practice of using digital media (computer-based technology tools) to tell stories.

Digital Storytelling is the modern expression of the ancient art of storytelling. Digital stories derive their power by weaving images, music, narrative and voice together, thereby giving deep dimension and vivid color to characters, situations, experiences, and insights. Tell your story now digitally.
- Leslie Rule, Digital Storytelling Association

For our own practices, will be studying and creating digital stories inspired by Joe Lambert and his Berkeley based Center for Digital Storytelling (CDC).

Here are their "Values and Principles".

It is my hope that I can create some of my own digital stories this term.

For now, here's a video I made with Walt & Candance about the pedagogy of digital storytelling:










No comments:

Post a Comment