Monday, August 23, 2010

Ten Things About Dr. R

10. I am on facebook. I don't friend students, but accept friend requests when they friend me. (My mentor adopted this policy and I followed his policy.)

9. I LOVE my job. I love to make films and I love to teach people how to make films.

8. I watch TV shows on HGTV, TRU, BIO, APL (River Monsters!) and other doc-like types of programming. I did have a VH1 reality TV obsession but I believe that I have weened myself from that habit.

7. I love John Cusack! Lloyd Dobler, yeah.



6. I listen to music through I heart radio and Pandora mostly. I just can't do the Clear Channel, Radio One, Emmis of it all anymore. I have to be able to search or click next. I need control!

5. I love too many films to name just a few!

4. My favorite books are: The Autobiography of Assata Shakur and The Prisoner's Wife



3. I am going to *fingers crossed* teach a story abroad TCF course in Madrid next summer (if 10 students enroll). The course, "Documenting Madrid: Mujeres en Movimiento" will give students the opportunity to work with women artists, organizers, activists and cultural workers in Madrid to make short documentary videos and digital stories. I <3 Madrid!




2. I really focus on being an open and accepting person. I may not agree with you but I definitely respect that you are your own individual with a whole set of life experiences that have brought you to this point. Respect is critical.

1. I am a Mom. It is the hardest, most rewarding, and most challenging part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment